PI (Provider Independent) IP space is assigned directly by RIPE to the end-user - We offer this service at 120EUR one-time and 75EUR recurring cost. Please inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
RIPE currently assigns PI to anyone for usage within the RIPE region (no company/residence inside RIPE region required) - You will likely not be able to justify any PI larger than /46.
PI has several advantages to PA, to name some:
* Owned by end-user, cannot be revoked/changed by LIR
* Can be moved to other LIR without any cooperation of the old LIR
As with everything it also has disadvantages:
* Cannot sub-delegate/assign inside PI
* Cannot change netname/descr without contacting RIPE
* Usually small (up to /46)
* Very strict justification verification
* Hard to move to new company/owner (requires forms)
* Harder to register due to document requirements (see below)
* Yearly recurring costs to RIPE/LIR
Requesting PI makes sense if you need higher security and want to own your space.
Please make sure to read this terms/general info beforehand:
After this please read how to create your own RIPE handles if you don't have any already:
For a successful PI request we need the following data:
* RIPE handles or Address/Phone/eMail
* Abuse mailbox
* Copy of company certificate OR passport/ID card of the requesting party